Why choose Upstart for a wedding loan?
Using a loan for your wedding is a smart way to plan and pay for upcoming wedding costs such as vendors, travel, rings, and more.
A smarter loan
Our model looks at like education⁴ and employment to find you an interest rate you deserve.
Fixed rates and terms
Apply for a wedding loan with 3- or 5-year terms and fixed rates of 7.8% - 35.99% APR.⁵
No prepayment fees
You can prepay your wedding loan at any time with no fee or penalty.
We've helped more than 2.9 million customers⁶
Ally got an extra perk with her wedding loan in January 2022⁷
"Upstart has been amazing! I was able to get a loan for my wedding and build my credit by making on-time payments."
Say “I do” to a wedding loan in 3 easy steps
Get your rate
It takes less than 5 minutes to check your rate—and it won’t affect your credit score.¹
Most borrowers are instantly approved with no paperwork required.⁸
Once approved, you could get your funds in 24 hours or less.²
Won't affectyour credit score¹
Wedding loan FAQs
What is a wedding loan?A wedding loan is a type of personal loan used to pay for your wedding costs. Most wedding loans are unsecured loans, which means they aren’t backed by property or collateral of any kind. There may be an option to secure your personal loan through Upstart with your vehicle, which will require a lien to be placed on the vehicle.
When you apply for a loan through us, you’ll receive your loan funds in one lump sum. You can then use the money to pay for a ring, venue, caterers, or any other wedding-related expense.
When does it make sense to use a personal loan for wedding expenses?If you don’t have money in savings or don’t want to drain your savings—you might consider other wedding financing options.
A wedding loan may make sense if:
- Your wedding savings fund is short
- A vendor requires a deposit before you can provide the funds
- You don’t want to use a credit card to cover expenses
- You want to control costs with a fixed line of credit
- You can qualify for an affordable loan and make timely monthly payments
How do wedding loans work?We offer a simple application process, fast loan decision, and flexible financing options. You may even get funded in as little as 1 business day.²
After receiving your loan, you can use the funds to finance your wedding expenses, such as:
- Engagement and wedding rings
- Venue deposits
- Travel and lodging expenses
- Honeymoon costs
Then, you’ll make monthly payments on the loan until you’ve repaid the balance in full or reach your payoff date.
How much can I borrow for my wedding?Our lending partners offer wedding loans ranging from $1,000 to $50,000, making it easy to pay for your big day.³ You can even choose between 3- or 5-year terms to ensure your monthly payments work with your budget.⁵
How will a wedding loan impact my credit score?When you check the rates on a wedding loan, we’ll run a soft credit inquiry. A soft inquiry allows us to personalize your rates without impacting your credit score.
If you decide to move forward with your loan, we’ll run a hard credit inquiry to verify your information. A hard inquiry will impact your credit score.
Can I qualify for wedding loans with bad credit?We believe you’re more than your credit score. Your wedding loan rate should reflect that, too. That’s where our “smarter rates” come in.
Our model looks beyond your credit history and consider factors like education⁴ and employment to help you find the rate you deserve. See if you qualify with our easy rate check.
How to finance a wedding with a personal loan?You can check your rate for a personal loan for a wedding in less than 5 minutes. Make sure you complete our online funding form in full and include details, such as:
- Your desired loan amount
- Contact information
- Total savings and investments
After you receive your initial offers, simply complete your application to move forward with the best wedding loan for your needs. We’ll verify your information and walk you through the funding process. Then, you can use your loan to cover any planned or unexpected wedding costs.
Get a wedding loan for your happily-ever-after
Won't affectyour credit score¹
1. When you check your rate, we check your credit report. This initial (soft) inquiry will not affect your credit score. If you accept your rate and proceed with your application, we do another (hard) credit inquiry that will impact your credit score. If you take out a loan, repayment information may be reported to the credit bureaus.
2. If you accept your loan by 5pm EST (not including weekends or holidays), your funds will be sent on the next business day.
3. Your loan amount will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will qualify for the full amount. Minimum loan amounts vary by state: GA ($3,100), HI ($2,100), MA ($7,000).
4. Neither Upstart nor its bank partners have a minimum educational attainment requirement in order to be eligible for a loan.
5. The full range of available rates varies by state. A representative example of payment terms for an unsecured Personal Loan is as follows: a borrower receives a loan of $10,000 for a term of 60 months, with an interest rate of 21.58% and a 9.84% origination fee of $984, for an APR of 26.82%. In this example, the borrower will receive $9016 and will make 60 monthly payments of $275. APR is calculated based on 5-year rates offered in December 2023. There is no downpayment and no prepayment penalty. Your APR will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will be approved.
6. As of 12/31/2023, across the entire Upstart marketplace.
7. Images are not actual customers, but their stories are real.
8. The majority of unsecured loan borrowers on the Upstart marketplace are able to receive an instant decision upon submitting a completed application, without providing additional supporting documents, however final approval is conditioned upon passing the hard credit inquiry. Loan processing may be subject to longer wait times if additional documentation is required for review.
Upstart is not the lender for this product. All loans on Upstart's marketplace are made by regulated financial institutions.