Why choose Upstart for your moving loan?
A moving loan is a smart way to pay for a cross-country move or other moving costs such as truck rental, storage, and more.
A smarter loan
Our model consider factors beyond your credit score, like education⁴ and employment, to find you a rate you deserve.
Fixed rates and terms
Review moving loan offers with 3 or 5 year terms, and fixed interest rates of 5.6% - 35.99%.⁵
No prepayment fees
You can pay off your loan early with no fee or penalty.
We've helped more than 2.4 million customers⁶
Ahmed paid down moving debt with a loan through Upstart⁷
"Upstart gave me the best rate by far and I really liked that they didn’t have a penalty for paying your loan off early."
How to apply for a moving loan online
Check your moving loan rate
Check your rate in minutes—without affecting your credit score.¹
Select your terms
Select your desired moving loan amount and preferred loan term.
99% of moving loan funds are sent just 1 business day after signing.²
Moving loan FAQs
What can I use a moving loan for?You can use the funds from your moving loan for a variety of relocation costs, such as hiring movers, paying for security deposits, purchasing moving insurance, and covering hidden moving costs.
How much can I borrow with a moving loan?Our platform offers moving loan amounts between $1,000 and $50,000.³ It’s important to note that some states require specific minimum loan amounts. The exact amount you can borrow depends on what you qualify for based on your application information.
Can I use a credit card for my moving expenses?Yes, but since credit cards are a type of revolving credit, they can lead to overspending and high interest debt. Credit cards can be a good option if you’re able to pay off your balance in full each month.
Consider getting a moving loan since they’re more predictable. You’ll get a lump sum of money upfront, with a fixed interest rate. Once you get the funds, you can budget your monthly payments in advance.
Should I take out a loan to move out?A moving loan can be a good choice for you if you're unable to cover all of your moving costs. Before committing to a moving loan, remember that you have to pay back the funds plus interest, and there may be additional fees. Consider how much you’ll need to pay over the life of the loan before you sign on any dotted lines.
What are the benefits of getting a moving loan through Upstart?We take the time to consider more than your credit score to determine if you can qualify for a moving loan. Benefits include:
- Fast and seamless online application
- No prepayment penalty
- Fixed interest rates
- Predictable monthly payments
- Direct deposit for funds
Move forward with a moving loan
1. When you check your rate, we check your credit report. This initial (soft) inquiry will not affect your credit score. If you accept your rate and proceed with your application, we do another (hard) credit inquiry that will impact your credit score. If you take out a loan, repayment information may be reported to the credit bureaus.
2. If you accept your loan by 5pm EST (not including weekends or holidays), your funds will be sent on the next business day. Loans used to fund education related expenses are subject to a 3 business day wait period between loan acceptance and funding in accordance with federal law.
3. Your loan amount will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will qualify for the full amount. Minimum loan amounts vary by state: GA ($3,100), HI ($2,100), MA ($7,000), NM ($5,100), OH ($6,000).
4. Neither Upstart nor its bank partners have a minimum educational attainment requirement in order to be eligible for a loan.
5. The full range of available rates varies by state. The average 5-year loan offered across all lenders using the Upstart platform will have an APR of 25.05% and 60 monthly payments of $25.80 per $1,000 borrowed. For example, the total cost of a $10,000 loan would be $15,478 including a $804 origination fee. APR is calculated based on 5-year rates offered in June 2022. There is no down payment and no prepayment penalty. Your APR will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will be approved.
6. As of 6/30/2022, across the entire Upstart marketplace.
7. Images are not actual customers, but their stories are real.