Borrow $1,000 - $50,000⁵
Checking your rate takes 5 minutes
No pre-payment penalty
43.2% lower rates as compared to a credit score-only model²
Car loan refinance
Swap your car loan and save
Average yearly savings of $1,071⁶
Checking your rate takes minutes
No pre-payment penalty
We've helped more than 2.7 million customers⁷
Won't affectyour credit score¹
Upstart is fast
Check your rate
Fill out a form to check your rate in minutes
Verify your information
87% of loans are fully automated³
Get your money
For Personal Loans, 99% of funds are sent just 1 business day after signing⁴
Let us answer your questions
What is a personal loan?An unsecured personal loan is money borrowed from a lender that is not secured by property such as a house or car over a fixed period of time. While most loans through Upstart are unsecured, certain credit unions may place a lien on other accounts you hold with the same institution. It is important to review your promissory note for these details before accepting your loan.
What is a car refinance loan?A car refinance loan is a new car loan that usually replaces your current loan from a different lender. Refinancing your car loan can help you save money by lowering your APR or by reducing your monthly payments.
What’s the difference between an interest rate and an APR?The interest rate is only one factor of the cost of the loan. The total cost can be understood by the APR which is the annual cost of a loan inclusive both of interest rate and all other associated fees. For example, the cost of an origination fee is included in the APR. When comparing loan products, it is important to compare the APR of each product.
How long will it take to get my money?Personal loan funds are transferred on the next business day if the terms are accepted before 5pm ET Monday-Friday excluding holidays. If the terms are accepted after 5pm ET, on a weekend, or on a holiday, the funds will be transferred on the following business day.
Will it affect my credit score?Checking your rate on Upstart will not affect your credit score. If you proceed with your application after receiving a rate your credit score will be impacted. When you check your rate, we make a "soft credit inquiry." Soft credit inquiries on your report do not lower your credit score, but you may see when you view your report that this inquiry was made. If you are offered a loan and proceed with the application, a "hard credit inquiry" will be completed to verify the accuracy of your application. This action will be recorded as an inquiry on your report and it will impact your credit score.
Do I pay a fee if I pay off my loan early?There is no prepayment penalty for paying off a loan on Upstart early. You may pay off part or all of the loan at any time with no fee. By prepaying, you will pay less overall interest because the loan is outstanding for a shorter time.
Is Upstart right for you?
Won't affectyour credit score¹
* All personal loans through Upstart offer a fixed interest rate and range between 5.2% - 35.99% based on 5-year rates offered in June 2023. Your APR will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will be approved.
1. When you check your rate, we check your credit report. This initial (soft) inquiry will not affect your credit score. If you accept your rate and proceed with your application, we do another (hard) credit inquiry that will impact your credit score. If you take out a loan, repayment information may be reported to the credit bureaus.
2. As of December 31, 2021, and based on a comparison between the Upstart model and a traditional credit-score only model. The APR calculation compares the two models based on the average APR offered to borrowers up to the same approval rate. The hypothetical credit-score only model used in Upstart's analysis was developed in connection with the CFPB No Action Letter access-to-credit testing program and was built from a traditional credit score only model trained on Upstart platform data. APR for the scorecard was averaged for each given traditional credit score grouping.
3. As of 6/30/2023. Fully Automated metric is calculated on a quarterly basis. Fully automated loans are defined as loans originated end-to-end (from initial rate request to final funding) with no human involvement.
4. If you accept your loan by 5pm EST (not including weekends or holidays), your funds will be sent on the next business day.
5. Your loan amount will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will qualify for the full amount. Minimum loan amounts vary by state.
6. This information is estimated based on all consumers who were approved for an auto loan through the Upstart platform and accepted their final terms. As of 6/30/2023, the average yearly payment savings amount is $1,071. To evaluate savings on a loan you are considering refinancing, it is important to compare your APR and remaining term from your existing auto loan to the APR and term offered through Upstart.
7. As of 6/30/2023, across the entire Upstart marketplace.
Personal Loans: The full range of available rates varies by state. A representative example of payment terms for a Personal Loan is as follows: a borrower receives a loan of $10,000 for a term of 60 months, with an interest rate of 19.82% and a 9.9% origination fee of $990, for an APR of 25.03%. In this example, the borrower will receive $9010 and will make 60 monthly payments of $265. APR is calculated based on 5-year rates offered in June 2023. There is no downpayment and no prepayment penalty. Your APR will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will be approved.
Auto Loans: The full range of available rates varies by state. A representative example of payment terms for an Auto Refinance Loan is as follows: a borrower receives a loan of $20,000 for a term of 60 months, with an interest rate of 18.86% and an origination fee of $1000, for an APR of 20.59%. In this example, the borrower will receive $19,000 and will make 60 monthly payments of $519. APR is calculated based on 5-year rates offered in June 2023. There is no downpayment and no prepayment penalty. Your APR will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will be approved.
Use of funds must be in accordance with Upstart's Acceptable Use Policy.
Upstart is not the lender for this product. All loans on Upstart's marketplace are made by regulated financial institutions.