Get a smarter loan
Checking your rate won't affect your credit score.¹
What would you like to do?
Simple, fast, fair personal loans
Personal loans through Upstart provide clear terms, quick funding, and a hassle-free online loan experience.
How much can I borrow?
You can get a personal loan from $1,000 to $50,000.²
What are the terms for a personal loan?
Online loans through Upstart come in 3 year minimum OR 5 year maximum loan terms.³
What are the rates?
Personal loan APR ranges from 6.5% - 35.99%.³
Fast and hassle-free personal loans process
Get your rate
Fill out a form to check your rate in 5 minutes.
Most borrowers are instantly approved.⁴
Get your funds
99% of personal loan funds are sent 1 business day after signing.⁵
Join more than 2.5 million customers⁶
Won't affect your credit score¹
1. When you check your rate, we check your credit report. This initial (soft) inquiry will not affect your credit score. If you accept your rate and proceed with your application, we do another (hard) credit inquiry that will impact your credit score. If you take out a loan, repayment information may be reported to the credit bureaus.
2. Your loan amount will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will qualify for the full amount. Minimum loan amounts vary by state: GA ($3,100), HI ($2,100), MA ($7,000).
3. Upstart powered loans offer rates between 6.5% - 35.99% and terms of 3 or 5 years. The full range of available rates varies by state. The average 5-year loan offered across all lenders using the Upstart platform will have an APR of 26.57% and 60 monthly payments of $27.29 per $1,000 borrowed. For example, the total cost of a $10,000 loan would be $16,376 including a $695 origination fee. APR is calculated based on 5-year rates offered in September 2022. There is no downpayment and no prepayment penalty. Your APR will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will be approved.
4. The majority of borrowers on the Upstart platform are able to complete the application process automatically without providing additional supporting documents, however final approval is conditioned upon passing the hard credit inquiry. Loan processing may be subject to longer wait times if additional documentation is required for review.
5. If you accept your loan by 5pm EST (not including weekends or holidays), your funds will be sent on the next business day. Loans used to fund education related expenses are subject to a 3 business day wait period between loan acceptance and funding in accordance with federal law.
6. As of 09/30/2022, across entire the Upstart marketplace.