Yale Graduate and founder of technology consulting firm
New York City
Founder/CTO at Atto
- Plan, design and develop web products.
- Project lead generation and sales.
- Manage development teams.
Engineer at G2 Systems / GFT
- Built portfolio reporting software in C# for hedge funds.
- Performed Advent Geneva upgrades for major banks.
- G2 team acquired by GFT in Fall 2011.
Analyst at Prometheus Research
- Modeled database structures for Autism research.
- Wrote python scripts to manage data.
- Trained clients in use of firm's software.
- Market research at SSS in Shanghai.
- Cafe manager & Student tech at Yale.
- Construction sales & management in Louisiana.
Taking Upstart money will give me latitude in how I select projects for my company.
After 2 years of consulting work I am in a strong position to begin building my own products. I'm working on some internally and am taking partial equity compensation in client projects I believe in. Working toward this is the right choice, but it does potentially raise cashflow and personal income risk in the short-term.
Liquidity gives a peace of mind, letting me select more comfortably the risks I plan to take, and will help me get my work done.