People Ops Associate
Our business is on an amazing trajectory, and we need to scale up our people and talent management practices to support the continued growth of the company. We are looking for a versatile and passionate People Ops associate to join our team. This person will have the opportunity to help drive and develop a broad range of critical people programs at Upstart from the ground up, from performance management, to employee engagement, to training and rewards, new hire onboarding and more. Primary qualification: must love people!
- Assist in development and management of People Ops processes as we strive for best-in-class implementation and compliance.
- Advise and support Upstart team leaders on talent management & development, diversity initiatives, employee communication, culture management, performance decisions and actions, and other services in support of achieving Upstart’s goals.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all Upstart employees regarding basic HR issues and procedures, benefits, perks, etc.
- Partner with the Recruiting team to support the hiring and retention of top talent, including managing the new hire onboarding process.
- Create, implement, and facilitate training and development initiatives to help our team constantly improve.
- B.A. or B.S. degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant HR experience, preferably in a startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability and desire to work in a fast paced team with little guidance.
- Comfortable extracting, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Working knowledge of employment regulations and legislation.
- Experience administering benefits, payroll, and HRIS.
- Experience implementing people and organizational programs including onboarding, performance management, compliance, and professional growth.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator - Recruiting
Upstart grew 4x this past year and we plan to do it again. In order to do so, we need a self-motivated Talent Acquisition Coordinator that can help recruit the best talent while making the process smooth and enjoyable for both our candidates and hiring team. As a Talent Acquisition Coordinator in our People team, you’ll use your super organizational skills in all aspects of recruiting from scheduling interviews, meeting with candidates, and implementing sourcing strategies to keep the pipeline moving quickly. You’ll also get the opportunity to get involved in our onboarding process ensuring our employees have the tools and resources they need to succeed. Since we plan to grow tremendously in the upcoming years, this is a phenomenal opportunity to roll up your sleeves into the people function and grow into either a Talent Operations role or a Recruiter role in the future.
Here is what success will look like in the role.
- Be an active participant in recruitment strategy meetings to understand the needs of the hiring team. Offer ideas and insight to how we can meet our deadlines.
- Successfully source candidates through online sources and our Greenhouse system.
- Research creative recruitment techniques aimed to increase candidate flow.
- Develop on boarding processes and follow through with on boarding tasks without anything falling through the cracks.
- Partner with Recruiters to provide a positive candidate experience from initial phone call to onboarding.
- Take ownership of the onsite interview process making sure the candidates feel welcomed and excited about the Upstart opportunity.
- Utilize our applicant tracking system - Greenhouse - to keep our requisitions and candidate pipeline up to date and accurate.
- Exceed hiring manager expectations by providing consistent follow up and proactively creating reports and data for them so that they can make educated decisions about their hiring.
- Manage candidate travel and reimbursements. Provide exceptional follow up to these matters.
- Represent the people function in a positive and professional manner by facing challenges with an optimistic approach and exhibiting excitement about Upstart’s future.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, HR or related degree.
- 1+ year of experience in recruiting operations or HR administrative function
- Previous experience with scheduling or calendaring is preferred.
- Proven ability to stay organized, prioritize workload, and execute with great attention to detail.
- Confident demeanor and ability to communicate across all levels across the organization in a professional and friendly manner.
- Engaging approach that can easily connect with Upstart employees and candidates.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions quickly in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential