Talent Acquisition Coordinator - Recruiting
Upstart grew 4x this past year and we plan to do it again. In order to do so, we need a self-motivated Talent Acquisition Coordinator that can help recruit the best talent while making the process smooth and enjoyable for both our candidates and hiring team. As a Talent Acquisition Coordinator in our People team, you’ll use your super organizational skills in all aspects of recruiting from scheduling interviews, meeting with candidates, and implementing sourcing strategies to keep the pipeline moving quickly. You’ll also get the opportunity to get involved in recruiting events and our onboarding process ensuring our employees have the tools and resources they need to succeed. Since we plan to grow tremendously in the upcoming years, this is a phenomenal opportunity to roll up your sleeves into the people function and grow into either a Talent Operations role or a Recruiter role in the future.
Here’s more about what you’ll be doing:
- Be an active participant in recruitment strategy meetings to understand the needs of the hiring team. Offer ideas and insight to how we can meet our deadlines.
- Successfully source candidates through online sources and our Greenhouse system.
- Research creative recruitment techniques aimed to increase candidate flow.
- Develop on boarding processes and follow through with on boarding tasks without anything falling through the cracks.
- Partner with Recruiters to provide a positive candidate experience from initial phone call to onboarding.
- Take ownership of the onsite interview process making sure the candidates feel welcomed and excited about the Upstart opportunity.
- Utilize our applicant tracking system - Greenhouse - to keep our requisitions and candidate pipeline up to date and accurate.
- Exceed hiring manager expectations by providing consistent follow up and proactively creating reports and data for them so that they can make educated decisions about their hiring.
- Manage candidate travel and reimbursements. Provide exceptional follow up to these matters.
- Represent the people function in a positive and professional manner by facing challenges with an optimistic approach and exhibiting excitement about Upstart’s future.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, HR or related degree.
- 1+ year of experience in recruiting operations
- Previous experience with scheduling or calendaring is preferred.
- Proven ability to stay organized, prioritize workload, and execute with great attention to detail.
- Confident demeanor and ability to communicate across all levels across the organization in a professional and friendly manner.
- Engaging approach that can easily connect with Upstart employees and candidates.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions quickly in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential