Talent Acquisition Coordinator - Recruiting
Upstart grew 4x this past year and we plan to do it again. In order to do so, we need a self-motivated Talent Acquisition Coordinator that can help recruit the best talent while making the process smooth and enjoyable for both our candidates and hiring team. As a Talent Acquisition Coordinator in our People team, you’ll use your super organizational skills in all aspects of recruiting from scheduling interviews, meeting with candidates, and implementing sourcing strategies to keep the pipeline moving quickly. You’ll also get the opportunity to get involved in recruiting events and our onboarding process ensuring our employees have the tools and resources they need to succeed. Since we plan to grow tremendously in the upcoming years, this is a phenomenal opportunity to roll up your sleeves into the people function and grow into either a Talent Operations role or a Recruiter role in the future.
Here is what success will look like in the role.
- Be an active participant in recruitment strategy meetings to understand the needs of the hiring team. Offer ideas and insight to how we can meet our deadlines.
- Successfully source candidates through online sources and our Greenhouse system.
- Research creative recruitment techniques aimed to increase candidate flow.
- Develop on boarding processes and follow through with on boarding tasks without anything falling through the cracks.
- Partner with Recruiters to provide a positive candidate experience from initial phone call to onboarding.
- Take ownership of the onsite interview process making sure the candidates feel welcomed and excited about the Upstart opportunity.
- Utilize our applicant tracking system - Greenhouse - to keep our requisitions and candidate pipeline up to date and accurate.
- Exceed hiring manager expectations by providing consistent follow up and proactively creating reports and data for them so that they can make educated decisions about their hiring.
- Manage candidate travel and reimbursements. Provide exceptional follow up to these matters.
- Represent the people function in a positive and professional manner by facing challenges with an optimistic approach and exhibiting excitement about Upstart’s future.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, HR or related degree.
- 1+ year of experience in recruiting operations
- Previous experience with scheduling or calendaring is preferred.
- Proven ability to stay organized, prioritize workload, and execute with great attention to detail.
- Confident demeanor and ability to communicate across all levels across the organization in a professional and friendly manner.
- Engaging approach that can easily connect with Upstart employees and candidates.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions quickly in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential
Talent Acquisition Partner - Senior Talent Acquistion Specialist
Talent Acquisition Partner - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
About the Opportunity:
Upstart grew 4x this past year and we’re in the middle of a high growth year again. In order to reach our company goals, we’ll need to add a self-motivated Senior Recruiter that can partner with our senior leaders to find the best talent. What’s unique about this role is:
- You’ll have a budget to work with to find creative talent as you see fit.
- You’ll be working for an HR exec that grew up in recruiting and can support you to grow while understanding your needs and challenges.
- You’ll have the opportunity to grow into a Lead role.
- You’ll get the chance to get engineering recruiting experience without needing to know how to screen those types of candidates.
- Everyone at Upstart recruits! The weight of a hire doesn’t fall on just you. The entire company wants to see you succeed and helps with phone screens and anything else you need to get to a hire.
- You can get involved in other HR projects as the team grows.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Partner with hiring managers to identify recruiting strategy, create project plans for each role, and implement creative sourcing strategies. You’ll also headhunt qualified candidates through various sources and other creative means.
- Build relationships with hiring teams to ensure their confidence and trust in the recruitment process.
Meet designated metrics and goals determined by the recruiting strategy plan such as number of phone screens, hiring team interviews, time to fill, and number of jobs filled which will vary depending on the type of role.
Proactively follow up with candidates and hiring managers.
About Who We’re Looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 5+ years recruiting experience. We’re ideally looking for someone that has experience at an agency and in house recruiting but we’re open to the right candidate.
- Someone that will "bleed teal" which means you’ll embody the Upstart values and represent Upstart in a positive and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to recruit in a competitive talent community and manage all parts of the full recruitment cycle.
- Strong project management skills and proven organizational skills and the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative, think on your feet, and make well thought through and fast decisions.
- Experience building relationships with customers, candidates, and/or internal departments.
- A track record of demonstrating a strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability.
- Has a strong intuition to hustle while being empathetic and attentive to hiring manager and candidate needs
Upstart is the first lending platform to leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. ~80% of U.S. borrowers pay back their loans, yet only ~45% of these people have access to prime credit. Our engineering team uses non-conventional variables at scale in an underwriting model that improves constantly to solve this problem. Upstart was founded by three diverse leaders that bring their individual approach to Upstart creating a culture where “we get to the truth, move fast, and bring everyone in.” Based in San Carlos, CA, Upstart is backed by Google Ventures, KPCB, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt, and Mark Cuban.
Perks and Benefits:
Unlimited vacation days so you can take time off when you need it.
Dog friendly. Bring your furry friends to work. Our Pupstart dogs are a part of our family. Dogs at the office!
Affinity Group and Company events. Women’s groups, book clubs, rugby teams, basketball teams, Spartan race teams, badminton teams, and so much more! We also have weekly company meetings to encourage transparency.
Fully-stocked micro kitchen. We have food for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. You’ll never go hungry.
Technology reimbursement. You’ll have a budget to get whatever equipment you think you need to be productive.
Uber4 Business - Our office is located between San Carlos and Redwood City trains and our Uber4Business account will help you get to or from these stations with no expense to you.
Personal development budget. We’ll give you a budget to spend towards promoting your career or health. In addition, we give additional money to our teams to encourage learning and development.
Monthly reimbursement for cell phone