Human Resources Business Partner
About the Opportunity:
Upstart grew 4x this past year and we’re in the middle of a high growth year again. In order to reach our company goals, we’ll need to add a self-motivated HR professional that can play a senior role on our HR team to help engage and retain our talent. This is an exciting opportunity for you to work on a variety of HR initiatives and use your strengths to match those initiatives such as diversity and inclusion, compensation, people operations, system implementation, and employee engagement.
Everyone at Upstart supports HR and want to help! The success of an effective HR program doesn’t fall on just you and you’ll have many enthusiastic managers and employees to support initiatives you champion.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Drive employee engagement surveys and initiatives. Implement engagement tool.
- Partner with hiring managers to identify high performers and retention strategies aimed to retain them.
- Implement and support HR programs, processes and initiatives such as performance management, compensation, employee development, succession, and diversity.
- Lead activities to maintain a healthy and productive work environment, such as coaching and development planning, investigating and resolving employee relations issues, compensation planning.
- Lead health benefit trainings for new employees and for announcing changes in health benefits.
- Build relationships with managers to ensure their confident and trust in the HR team so that you’re their support to offer ideas or resources they need to thrive successfully in their roles.
- Lead or manage diversity and inclusion initiatives and develop HR programs from inception to launch through maintenance.
- Contribute to maintaining analytics on HR areas and look for ways to make use of the analytics.
- Proactively engage with our employees to understand their needs, motivations and what they need to perform at their best.
- Process immigration paperwork (by guidance of attorneys) and liaise with new employees as needed regarding their immigration process.
About Who We’re Looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 6+ years human resources experience with knowledge in general human resources as well as a speciality in either people operations, training, employee engagement, performance, and/or compensation.
- BA/BS degree required. Additional HR certifications and degrees are a plus but not required.
- Comfort in dealing with employee conflict, sensitive issues, and absorbing (and not sharing) confidential information.
- Experience with Glint, CultureAmp, Lattice, or Reflektive is preferred. Knowledge of Greenhouse is a plus.
- Able to influence others using “soft power” when necessary and offer alternative, constructive suggestions in order to lead change.
- Willingness to help in recruiting when projects is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate others.
- Someone that “bleeds teal” which means you’ll embody the Upstart values and represent Upstart in a positive and professional manner
- Strong project management skills and proven organizational skills and the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Experience managing a PEO, implementing a PEO or managing benefit operations directly highly preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative, think on your feet, and make well thought through and fast decisions.
- Experience building relationships with employees, managers, and other peers.
- A track record of demonstrating a strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Upstart grew 4x this past year and we plan to do it again. In order to do so, we need a self-motivated Talent Acquisition Coordinator that can help recruit the best talent while making the process smooth and enjoyable for both our candidates and hiring team. As a Talent Acquisition Coordinator in our People team, you’ll use your super organizational skills in all aspects of recruiting from scheduling interviews, meeting with candidates, and implementing sourcing strategies to keep the pipeline moving quickly. You’ll also get the opportunity to get involved in recruiting events and our onboarding process ensuring our employees have the tools and resources they need to succeed. Since we plan to grow tremendously in the upcoming years, this is a phenomenal opportunity to roll up your sleeves into the people function and grow into either a Talent Operations role or a Recruiter role in the future.
Here’s more about what you’ll be doing:
- Be an active participant in recruitment strategy meetings to understand the needs of the hiring team. Offer ideas and insight to how we can meet our deadlines.
- Successfully source candidates through online sources and our Greenhouse system.
- Research creative recruitment techniques aimed to increase candidate flow.
- Develop on boarding processes and follow through with on boarding tasks without anything falling through the cracks.
- Partner with Recruiters to provide a positive candidate experience from initial phone call to onboarding.
- Take ownership of the onsite interview process making sure the candidates feel welcomed and excited about the Upstart opportunity.
- Utilize our applicant tracking system - Greenhouse - to keep our requisitions and candidate pipeline up to date and accurate.
- Exceed hiring manager expectations by providing consistent follow up and proactively creating reports and data for them so that they can make educated decisions about their hiring.
- Manage candidate travel and reimbursements. Provide exceptional follow up to these matters.
- Represent the people function in a positive and professional manner by facing challenges with an optimistic approach and exhibiting excitement about Upstart’s future.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, HR or related degree.
- 1+ year of experience in recruiting operations
- Previous experience with scheduling or calendaring is preferred.
- Proven ability to stay organized, prioritize workload, and execute with great attention to detail.
- Confident demeanor and ability to communicate across all levels across the organization in a professional and friendly manner.
- Engaging approach that can easily connect with Upstart employees and candidates.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions quickly in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential