Upstart is looking for credit analysts to provide an exceptional borrower experience throughout the application process. This person will be responsible for gathering and analyzing educational and financial data to verify the creditworthiness of the borrower. Credit analysts work alongside an intelligent and motivated team and are exposed to all aspects of FinTech operations in a high-growth startup environment.
Here’s more about what you’ll be doing:
- Work with potential borrowers and review applications to verify elements of each loan application, such as employment, income, identity, and tax documents in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify and implement process improvements in the borrower application process
- Build trust and cultivate borrower, investor, and colleague relationships
- Other projects as assigned
- BA / BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, or similar
- 1+ years of experience in customer service, loan underwriting, consumer lending, personal banking, or similar
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Impeccable judgment and acute attention to detail
- Track record of high-performance
- Familiarity with underwriting loans, financial statements, tax documents and payroll is a plus
Details about Applying:
Since Upstart is growing tremendously, we’re always actively filling this role on a monthly basis. We will review every application in consideration for now or future roles. Therefore, there is no need to apply to this position multiple times.
Upstart is seeking a Payments Associate to be responsible for all aspects of loan repayments and servicing. This includes providing customer service for borrowers, contacting past due accounts, performing research, and improving Upstart’s servicing process to exceed industry recovery performance.
As an ideal candidate, you care deeply about helping customers and team members. You are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and make independent decisions exercising good judgment. You are highly organized and keep meticulous and informative records. You possess strong problem solving skills, a “detective” mindset, and a curious nature. In addition, you are interested in helping customers improve their financial situation to consistently make on-time payments.
- Provide support to borrowers in all aspects related to payments, including bringing and keeping their accounts current; maintaining strict adherence to corporate policies and procedures in line with FDCPA and TCPA
Communicate effectively with past due accounts to find solutions that bring accounts current as quickly as possible
Manage and maintain detailed records of all servicing activities of the loans portfolio
Exceed key performance indicators measuring personal productivity, quality, and service level as defined by management
- Demonstrate ability to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Demonstrate ability to understand borrowers’ situations and empathize with their challenges, and effectively communicate Upstart’s solutions and procedures to help them recover
- Demonstrate ability to follow instructions and protocols, and exercise excellent judgement and composure when dealing with unfamiliar or difficult customer situations
- Perform effectively in a high volume and fast paced environment with a high degree of accuracy and productivity
- Must have strong verbal / writing skills and able to present information in a clear manner
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated team player with ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Exemplify Upstart values such as positivity, grit, customer focus, and teamwork at all times
- Demonstrate discretion and ability to handle confidential financial information appropriately
- Strong team player, prioritizing the needs of the customer and team over the needs of the self
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience