Upstart is looking for credit analysts to provide an exceptional borrower experience throughout the application process. This person will be responsible for gathering and analyzing educational and financial data to verify the creditworthiness of the borrower. Credit analysts work alongside an intelligent and motivated team and are exposed to all aspects of FinTech operations in a high-growth startup environment.
Here’s more about what you’ll be doing:
- Work with potential borrowers and review applications to verify elements of each loan application, such as employment, income, identity, and tax documents in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify and implement process improvements in the borrower application process
- Build trust and cultivate borrower, investor, and colleague relationships
- Other projects as assigned
- BA / BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, or similar
- 1+ years of experience in customer service, loan underwriting, consumer lending, personal banking, or similar
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Impeccable judgment and acute attention to detail
- Track record of high-performance
- Familiarity with underwriting loans, financial statements, tax documents and payroll is a plus
Details about Applying:
Since Upstart is growing tremendously, we’re always actively filling this role on a monthly basis. We will review every application in consideration for now or future roles. Therefore, there is no need to apply to this position multiple times.
Upstart is seeking a Payments Associate to be responsible for all aspects of loan repayments and servicing. This includes providing customer service for borrowers, contacting past due accounts, performing research, and improving Upstart’s servicing process to exceed industry recovery performance.
As an ideal candidate, you care deeply about helping customers and team members. You are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and make independent decisions exercising good judgment. You are highly organized and keep meticulous and informative records. You possess strong problem solving skills, a “detective” mindset, and a curious nature. In addition, you are interested in helping customers improve their financial situation to consistently make on-time payments.
- Provide support to borrowers in all aspects related to payments, including bringing and keeping their accounts current; maintaining strict adherence to corporate policies and procedures in line with FDCPA and TCPA
Communicate effectively with past due accounts to find solutions that bring accounts current as quickly as possible
Manage and maintain detailed records of all servicing activities of the loans portfolio
Exceed key performance indicators measuring personal productivity, quality, and service level as defined by management
- Demonstrate ability to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Demonstrate ability to understand borrowers’ situations and empathize with their challenges, and effectively communicate Upstart’s solutions and procedures to help them recover
- Demonstrate ability to follow instructions and protocols, and exercise excellent judgement and composure when dealing with unfamiliar or difficult customer situations
- Perform effectively in a high volume and fast paced environment with a high degree of accuracy and productivity
- Must have strong verbal / writing skills and able to present information in a clear manner
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated team player with ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Exemplify Upstart values such as positivity, grit, customer focus, and teamwork at all times
- Demonstrate discretion and ability to handle confidential financial information appropriately
- Strong team player, prioritizing the needs of the customer and team over the needs of the self
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Senior Operations Manager
Upstart is rated the #1 online lending platform by its customers. Our Operations team provides world-class service for our customers, borrowers and investors alike. We are the voice of our customer, and provide insights to Upstart’s leadership and product team. As a Senior Operations Manager you will set strategies based business priorities. You will be a mentor to individual contributors and junior managers to deliver a seamless customer experience, continuously improve operational efficiency, and provide customer insights to our product team. You will analyze business data and identify inefficiencies, gaps, and areas for improvement, then manage projects and coordinate cross-functional teams to launch solutions. This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced and inspirational manager with a passion for metrics and service.
Here’s more about what you’ll be doing:
- Manage and mentor team members with management, project or program responsibilities to identify gaps and create solutions for their area of the business
- Perform analysis on operating metrics and business trends to forecast operational needs such as staffing and outsourcing, as well as identify areas for improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions
- Contribute and execute on ideas to help Operations team scale with increasing demand without sacrificing the customer experience
- Identify new business opportunities, lead experiments and special projects to drive innovation and growth
- Communicate effectively to influence team members, and represent the customer voice to the rest of Upstart
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in operations management or related field
- Manager and mentor. You bring out the best in your team and coach them to deliver world class customer service and improve Upstart’s operations.
- Technology and Process Design. You are equally comfortable solving problems through technology as you are through operational excellence, and know when to employ the right tactic.
- Great communicator. You connect easily with front-line agents to truly understand how our operations work, and you make a convincing case to our executive team about how we should change.
- Dedicated and relentless leadership and project execution. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations. You get things done.
- Structured thinker. Develop and leverage frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions among various stakeholders and identify the 80/20 opportunities to reach insightful, actionable answers without boiling the ocean with analysis overload.
- Fast Mover. We move fast. Done is better than perfect, with continual iteration. You are excited to learn and help build a growing business.
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration within a team environment.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgement.
Training Program Manager
Upstart is a fast-growing and profitable company revolutionizing how people access credit. We use data science and automation to make smarter lending decisions and help borrowers access credit easier and faster. Join our Operations community as a Training Program Manger, building the training that will maintain our high level of customer service and our position as one of the top lenders in the market. You will manage a team of trainers and quality associates who support the onboarding of our borrowers. You will also help our team advance their skills and knowledge to meet growth and quality targets. Ultimately, you will help our company succeed by training and developing its people.
Here’s more about what you’ll be doing:
- Redesign and execute streamlined learning strategies and programs to train our Operations onboarding team members
- Research and implement a new learning management system that addresses diverse learning styles
- Work cross-functionally to ensure key elements of quality control are embedded in training modules
- Implement various learning methods department-wide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Help managers develop their team members through career pathing
- Hire and manage a team of trainers and L&D Associates
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- BSc/BA in Business, Psychology or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar (plus for customer service training experience)
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems, e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus