Graphic Design Lead
Upstart is the first lending platform to leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. ~80% of U.S. borrowers pay back their loans, yet only ~45% of these people have access to prime credit. Our engineering team uses non-conventional variables at scale in an underwriting model that improves constantly to solve this problem. Upstart was founded by three diverse leaders that bring their individual approach to Upstart creating a culture where “we get to the truth, move fast, and bring everyone in.” Based in San Carlos, CA, Upstart is backed by Google Ventures, KPCB, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt, and Mark Cuban.
About the role
Upstart is looking for a Graphic Design Lead to boldly challenge the status quo of marketing and product design in Fintech. We're looking for someone who can push the boundaries of two-dimensional advertising strategies to design a deeply immersive experience. As an early member to our internal creative team, you will have a significant impact on Upstart’s brand and visual identity.
- Build entire visual campaigns from start to finish and implement across all acquisition channels (impacting millions of people each month across digital and physical platforms)
- Develop longer-term creative strategy for Upstart’s marketing communications
- Build an extensive repertoire of creative assets for Facebook, Instagram, Email, etc
- Push the boundaries of advertising and what it means for a company to express itself visually
- Help shape the internal design process
- Incorporate UI/UX best practices in website design and layout, and adapt designs for mobile formats and responsive design
- Work cross-functionally with developers, designers, and the Growth team
- 4+ years of experience (in-house or agency)
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with Keynote and PowerPoint
- Contemporary aesthetic
- Ability to present and critique designs clearly
- Strong time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
Strategic Marketing Partnerships Lead
About the Role
Upstart’s success is dependent on our Growth/Marketing team’s ability to develop and execute new ways to grow our borrower base. As our Strategic Marketing Partnership Lead, you will be a key player in that growth. You’ll be on the ground floor getting involved in all aspects of developing our verticals. Because this role will have a visible impact on our overall company success, you’ll have the attention of our senior leaders. There is no playbook here of what you need to do and how you need to do it. You will be using your experience and talent to trailblaze new ways to connect personal finance into other aspects of our customers’ lives. If you are a big picture thinker with the ability to execute, and a passion to build things from scratch, this might be the right role for you.
How you’ll contribute to Upstart’s success:
- Identify key partners to expand Upstart’s reach into new industries and user segments
- Engage and negotiate multi-million dollar contracts with new partners
- Leverage key metrics and perform analysis to recognize to optimize partner performance.
- Present insights directly to Upstart’s executive team and other high-profile stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously across growth, engineering, product, legal, and data science teams.
What we’re looking for in an ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in a consulting, growth marketing, investment banking, private equity or business development role that has required you taking ownership of a high impact project from beginning to end.
- Experience in an external facing role is highly preferred.
- Thirst for creating ideas to grow a customer base and proven talent executing on those ideas.
- Stellar communication (oral and written) skills and ability to give presentations with confidence.
- High emotional intelligence & a great relationship builder.
- Comfort with being in a data driven environment and using data to support your strategic plan
- Highly driven and results-oriented work ethic
Upstart is the first lending platform to leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. ~80% of U.S. borrowers pay back their loans, yet only ~45% of these people have access to prime credit. We use non-conventional variables at scale in an underwriting model that improves constantly to solve this problem. Upstart was founded by three diverse leaders that bring their individual approach to Upstart creating a culture where “we get to the truth, move fast, and bring everyone in.” Based in San Carlos, CA, Upstart is backed by Google Ventures, KPCB, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt, and Mark Cuban.
Perks and Benefits:
Unlimited vacation days. You can take time off when you need it.
Dog friendly. Bring your furry friends to work. Our Pupstart dogs are a part of our family. Dogs at the office!
Affinity Group and Company events. Women’s groups, book clubs, rugby teams, basketball teams, Spartan race teams, badminton teams, and so much more! We also have weekly company meetings to encourage transparency.
Fully-stocked micro kitchen. We have food for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. You’ll never go hungry.
Technology reimbursement. You’ll have a budget to get whatever equipment you think you need to be productive.
Uber4 Business. Our office is located between San Carlos and Redwood City trains and our Uber4Business account will help you get to or from these stations with no expense to you.
Personal development budget. We’ll give you a budget to spend towards improving your career or health. Teams also have specific budgets to encourage learning and development.
Monthly stipend for cell phone