Community Marketing Associate
As Upstart’s Community Marketing Associate, you will develop and implement the Upstart community and affiliate strategy. You will interact with affiliates, influencers, and bloggers across a variety of media, representing Upstart to our external community. You’ll craft social media posts to push Upstart’s mission and content forward. You are an independent self-starter that gets excited about building new interactions with a scalable strategy.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Own Upstart’s community engagement strategy from beginning to end
- Grow and engage the Upstart community of bloggers, influencers, and other content publishers to drive top-line growth
- Partner with the Head of Content Marketing to syndicate Upstart content across all social media and partner channels
- Manage cross-functional community projects with the Creative, Partnerships, SEO, and Digital teams
- Manage Upstart’s voice and brand guidelines to ensure our external partners represent the company well
- Excellent written communication skills; blog or other published works preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, and/or related field
- 1+ years of experience in social media or account management a bonus
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms
- Passion for financial inclusion
- Organized and accountable with high attention to detail. Thorough, quick to follow through and follow up
- Independent self-starter
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, start-up environment; flexible and effective at dealing with changes in priorities
Email Marketing Manager
As the Email Marketing Manager, you will oversee a valuable acquisition channel for a fast-growing company and be one of the first to think deeply about Upstart’s engagement and retention strategy. Your work will be highly visible across the company, impacting not just Upstart’s core consumer-facing business, but also its SaaS suite.
Here’s more about what you’ll be doing:
- Design user segments and implement automated, customized email journeys for both the B2C and B2B businesses
- Set the email strategy and testing roadmap by staying abreast of new developments in email and other channels
- Manage multiple projects across growth, engineering, product, legal, and data science teams
- Analyze email performance and communicate progress effectively to CEO, co-founders, Head of Growth, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with Growth team channel owners to build a cohesive user communication program
- 4+ years of experience with at least 2+ years designing lifecycle, retention, and / or lead generation email campaigns
- Experience at a high-growth company
- Fluency with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or transferable experience with similar platform)
- Strong written communication, attention to details, and project management skills
- Strong analytical ability. Comfort understanding funnel performance, designing experiments, and reasoning logically
- Ability to design systems that can anticipate risks, and automatically mitigate them
- Grit and willingness to test continuously
Growth Modeling Lead
It’s a fascinating time to be working in growth. The sheer amount of data available has led to quantitative and academic breakthroughs. Our Growth team not only aspires to help expand Upstart’s reach to the millions of borrowers without access to affordable credit, we’re also energized by the prospect of breaking ground in our field.
This role will tackle some of the hardest questions facing advertisers and user acquisition teams today, starting with those involving our Direct Mail program (which also happens to be our largest acquisition channel)! Such questions include:
- How do you build predictive models to target the audiences most likely to need and get approved for loans?
- Using 200 million rows of data with cookie-level information about every interaction a user has with Upstart, how do you estimate the impact of each online and offline impression a person receives on the individual’s ultimate conversion?
- How do you incorporate future spend decisions as you advise the team on the best way to allocate more than $50 million in annual spend across online, offline acquisition channels this month?
- How do you build an infrastructure that will allow for regular and efficient testing of new, alternative datasets?
- Which dimensions are most valuable in a clustering analysis to design creative and targeting strategies?
- How do you design experiments to test the marginal impact of each piece of mail on different customer segments, then use your findings to build actionable targeting models?
- To Bayesian or to frequentist? That is the question.
- Experience building predictive statistical and/or machine learning models
- Comfort working as a “full-stack” growth analyst to scope projects, write and functionalize code, run tests, surface and visualize results, and monitor outcomes
- Ability to contextualize complex model outputs into actionable business decisions and experiments
- Advanced R, SQL and/or Python abilities
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field
- 4+ years of experience in related technical field
Head of Content Marketing
About the Role
As the Head of Content Marketing at Upstart, you will design and drive a strategy for growing Upstart’s user base and brand through content. Personal finance is a difficult but critical topic in many people’s lives. We want you to make it approachable and helpful for the public while contributing to the company’s growth.
How you’ll contribute to Upstart’s success
- Architect and lead execution of Upstart’s content strategy and voice
- Balance editorial goals with business impact
- Develop frameworks and principles for how the company should invest in different content efforts
- Employ the latest media technology to bring financial information to a mainstream audience
- Drive traffic and new loans at Upstart.com via SEO, content marketing, or other content driven channels.
What we’re looking for
- Basic SEO understanding required, advanced SEO expertise appreciated.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Cheeky personal blogs encouraged.
- Ability to take complex concepts and simplify them through writing and graphics.
- Passion for users and making finance more approachable.
Product Marketing Manager
As the product marketing manager, you will work closely with Upstart’s Growth and Business Development teams to own and execute a strategy for bringing new banks and credit unions on to the PBU platform. You will oversee a wide range of marketing activities, from managing events with banking executives to building sales collateral and optimizing lead generation campaigns.
Here’s more about what you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with CEO, CFO, Head of Growth, Head of Business Development, and Upstart co-founders to set and implement Upstart’s bank partner acquisition strategy
- Set annual, quarterly, and monthly targets and project roadmaps
- Manage all client acquisition activities for our platform business
- Build out lead generation campaigns including direct customer outreach and advertising
- Help refine our product positioning and messaging
- Develop our conference approach and manage conference sponsorships
- Develop customer events and briefings to help close prospects
- Experience selling into executives at regional and community banks
- Proficiency with analytical tools like Excel, R, SQL
- Track record of developing and managing multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills
- Success in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high growth environment