Upstart is searching for its first Financial Engineer, who will shape the data and reporting infrastructure behind all our securitization and lending programs, performance, and controls. The ideal person will have experience supporting ABS transaction preparation, structuring, and execution. They will also have the analytical ability to own and solve complex problems with little guidance.
As the third member of our Capital Markets team, and the first Financial Engineer, this person will have a huge degree of responsibility, and the opportunity to rise quickly within the growing organization. They will also get to enjoy developing an ABS program from the ground up with best practices. If you’re excited by shaping the future of Finance and FinTech, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will report directly to the Head of Capital Markets.
- Provide technical leadership in structuring ABS transactions and warehouse facilities
- Programmatically create loan pool and portfolio analytics
- Develop reporting and control procedures to support above efforts
- Create loan credit performance reports for rating agencies, investment banks and investors
- Support cash management efforts and account setup for investors
- Develop framework to monitor lending facilities and ABS triggers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, mathematics, or economics
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in structured products and securitization structuring.
- Prior experience developing and utilizing consumer credit data warehouses
- Knowledge of ABS and whole loan sales execution
- Excellence in working effectively as an individual, and as part of a team, and an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Enthusiasm for a high-paced, team-oriented start-up environment