- Process day-to-day transactions - accounts payable, banking, and credit card transactions
- Manage vendor payments
- Perform bank account reconciliations
- Participate in a monthly closing process
- Provide help with completion of audit requests
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field (completion of standard accounting classes is a must)
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task different projects and deadlines
- Thorough, curious, thoughtful, and detailed-oriented
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Practical accounting experience is a plus
Data Analyst - Capital Markets
Upstart is searching for its first Capital Markets Data Analyst, who will shape the data and reporting infrastructure behind all our securitization and lending programs, performance, and controls. They will have the analytical ability to own and solve complex problems with little guidance. The ideal person will have experience supporting ABS transaction preparation, structuring, and execution.
As the third member of our Capital Markets team and the first Data Analyst, this person will have a huge degree of responsibility, and the opportunity to rise quickly within our growing organization. They will also get to enjoy developing an ABS program from the ground up with best practices. If you’re excited by shaping the future of Finance and FinTech, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will report directly to the Head of Capital Markets.
- Provide technical leadership in structuring ABS transactions and warehouse facilities
- Programmatically create loan pool and portfolio analytics
- Develop reporting and control procedures to support above efforts
- Create loan credit performance reports for rating agencies, investment banks and investors
- Support cash management efforts and account setup for investors
- Develop framework to monitor lending facilities and ABS triggers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, mathematics, or economics
- 3-7 years of relevant experience, ideally in structured products and securitization structuring.
- Prior experience developing and utilizing consumer credit data warehouses strongly preferred
- Knowledge of ABS and whole loan sales execution
- Excellence in working effectively as an individual and as part of a team. An ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Enthusiasm for a high-paced, team-oriented start-up environment