About the Role:
Upstart is a fast-paced, rapidly growing and exciting tech start-up seeking an ambitious and energetic Executive Assistant. As the first EA at Upstart, you have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the organization while you support three remarkable executives (the three Co-Founders) and have the ability to truly make this role your own. You’ll support our executive team with various tasks which will give you exposure into every area of our business. This person will play a crucial role in supporting the company’s Leadership operations, enabling the executive team to be optimally productive and perpetually prepared to tackle the next obstacle to our success. If you’re a resilient multi-tasker with confident communication skills, this could be the right role for you. Also, there is excellent upward growth trajectory and great perks and benefits.
How you’ll contribute to Upstart’s success:
- Manage, update, and review exec schedules - including the agenda and logistics of ad-hoc or recurring meetings
- Communicate and coordinate with fellow Upstart employees and board members
- Organize and manage travel arrangements and itineraries to support execs on the road
- Work with our Office Manager to plan and execute on meetings, dinners, and events
- Prepare and track invoices and expenses as necessary
- Help our execs build productive relationships inside and outside the company
- Be the professional, courteous, and unflappable personality that represents Upstart
What we’re looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5+ years experience in executive support preferably in tech and fast paced company.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Trustworthy, proactive, and independent
- Proven judgment and discretion in handling confidential info and important relationships
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong skills with Google Apps, Keynote, and other productivity tools
Upstart is the first lending platform to leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. ~80% of U.S. borrowers pay back their loans, yet only ~45% of these people have access to prime credit. Our engineering team uses non-conventional variables at scale in an underwriting model that improves constantly to solve this problem. Upstart was founded by three diverse leaders that bring their individual approach to Upstart creating a culture where “we get to the truth, move fast, and bring everyone in.” Based in San Carlos, CA, Upstart is backed by Google Ventures, KPCB, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt, and Mark Cuban.
Perks and Benefits:
Dog friendly. Bring your furry friends to work. Our Pupstart dogs are a part of our family. Dogs at the office!
Affinity Group and Company events. Women’s groups, book clubs, rugby teams, basketball teams, Spartan race teams, badminton teams, and so much more! We also have weekly company meetings to encourage transparency.
Fully-stocked micro kitchen. We have food for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. You’ll never go hungry.
Uber4 Business. Our office is located between San Carlos and Redwood City trains and our Uber4Business account will help you get to or from these stations with no expense to you.
Personal development budget. We’ll give you a budget to spend towards promoting your career or health. In addition, we give additional money to our teams to encourage learning and development.
Monthly stipend for cell phone