Predictive modeling is central to us at Upstart. Underwriting more accurately and using variables that no other lender considers are what allow us to give people the rates they deserve, which in turn gives our business its biggest competitive advantage. We're looking for someone to join our data team and help change how creditworthiness is assessed. Because our challenges are so new, this person will need to have strong creative problem solving skills, in addition to a background in statistics. Experience with consumer credit is preferred but not required.
- Rigorous quantitative background (graduate-level study preferred)
- Experience with R and/or Python
- Comfort with programming
- Predictive modeling experience strongly preferred
Growth Data Scientist
Data is at the core of Upstart’s DNA, and its application in growth marketing is no exception. We are looking for a growth-minded data scientist to build and optimize our targeting models across digital and offline user acquisition channels (e.g. direct mail, paid social, display advertising, and email), using large data sets to target likely customers with relevant, timely messages. This individual will have a tremendous impact on our ability to attract new users and scale our business, and will also have the chance to collaborate cross-functionally across data science, growth, and analytics teams. Prior experience with growth marketing data science, and/or consumer credit, is preferred but not required.
- Experience with R or Python
- Experience working with "big data" (millions of rows, thousands of columns)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of experiment design, business analytics, and forecasting
- Past experience with marketing data science preferred but not required
- Exposure to technologies such as Spark, AWS, and other leading data engineering technologies also preferred but not required