Our compliance team plays a critical role in mitigating risk and protecting Upstart’s growth and success.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about solving complex problems, researching interesting topics, and proactively collaborating with colleagues to join Upstart as a Compliance Associate. This role will have a major impact on the team because your efforts will help us improve processes and procedures and adjust our practices as we grow, products change, and regulations shift. In particular, you’ll be instrumental in supporting our state compliance program
Someone that will be successful in this role is solutions oriented, thrives on learning new things every day, and is obsessed with detail. If you share our passion for building innovative technology while ensuring consumer protection, this could be the role for you.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Support state compliance program,
- Collaborate with colleagues to compile reports,
- Correspond with regulators and external auditors,
- Stay informed of key regulatory changes,
- Implement policy and procedure changes in response to regulatory changes,
- Other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years experience in the financial services industry, preferably in lending.
- 5 years professional experience
- Experience working in a compliance function with knowledge of state or federal consumer lending protections regulations, a plus
- Ability to thrive while working independently
- Organized and able to juggle multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines
- Love for learning and research
- Well suited to, and excited by, a startup environment - Possess a self-starter mentality with the ability to work well under pressure, and to work independently. Have a strong sense of personal accountability, and attention to detail
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus.