Business Development Representative - Banks and Credit Unions (New York, NY)
Upstart is the first lending platform to leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. ~80% of U.S. borrowers pay back their loans, yet only ~45% of these people have access to prime credit. Our engineering team uses non-conventional variables at scale in an underwriting model that improves constantly to solve this problem. Upstart was founded by three diverse leaders that bring their individual approach to Upstart creating a culture where “we get to the truth, move fast, and bring everyone in.” Based in San Carlos, CA, Upstart is backed by Google Ventures, KPCB, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt, and Mark Cuban.
About the role
As our first business development representative, you will work closely with our marketing and sales teams to build engaging outreach campaigns and properly qualify new prospects. You will be responsible for identifying key contacts at target accounts, contacting warm and cold leads, and scheduling sales meetings for our Business Development team. You will be a critical hire for the team and have the opportunity to craft how this function will expand as our business grows.
- Help develop marketing and outreach campaigns for target prospects
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact prospects through cold calls and emails
- Present Upstart and Powered by Upstart platform to potential clients
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and our business development team
- Work with sales leadership to determine how we craft the business development function
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales targets
- Can-do attitude, and a willingness to drive activity through cold calling, personal network, and marketing activities
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high growth environment
- Motivated to take a leadership position for future team hires
Perks and Benefits:
- Unlimited vacation days. You can take time off when you need it.
- Dog friendly. Bring your furry friends to work. Our Pupstart dogs are a part of our family. Dogs at the office!
- Affinity Group and Company events. Women’s groups, book clubs, rugby teams, basketball teams, Spartan race teams, badminton teams, and so much more! We also have weekly company meetings to encourage transparency.
- Fully-stocked micro kitchen. We have food for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. You’ll never go hungry.
- Technology reimbursement. You’ll have a budget to get whatever equipment you think you need to be productive.
- Uber4 Business. Our office is located between San Carlos and Redwood City trains and our Uber4Business account will help you get to or from these stations with no expense to you.
- Personal development budget. We’ll give you a budget to spend towards promoting your career or health. In addition, we give additional money to our teams to encourage learning and development.
- Monthly reimbursement for cell phone