CEO / Co-founder of Parlay Labs, Inc
Shan Sinha is the co-founder / CEO of Parlay Labs. Prior to this Shan was running product management for Google Apps for Business. He got to Google after they acquired DocVerse for $25M, a startup company he founded in 2007. He started his career by dropping out of MIT during the dot com boom to chase two different startup dreams. Neither amounted to long-lasting companies, but those experiences were directly responsible for the discovery of his life's passion. He did eventually return to school to complete undergrad and master's degrees in Computer Science.
- Stop trying to impress anyone else other than you; do things for your own reasons.
- You might look around and see all these people doing "better" than you in various dimensions. Stop looking around. The only person you have to compete with is yourself.
- Keep surrounding yourself with people that have qualities that you don't have. Take what you think is great. Give back what you think you have.
- Never lose faith in your instincts. They will be the reason for your success when you are successful.
- Whenever you do something, do it great. Understand what will make it great and why.
- Never lose your ability to listen. Listening is all about not knowing what you or someone else is going to say next.
- When you laugh, make sure everyone in a 2 mile vicinity can hear you. Do it often, even when the person you're talking to isn't funny. It's infectious.