CEO / Co-founder of Parlay Labs, Inc
Shan Sinha is the co-founder / CEO of Parlay Labs. Prior to this Shan was running product management for Google Apps for Business. He got to Google after they acquired DocVerse for $25M, a startup company he founded in 2007. He started his career by dropping out of MIT during the dot com boom to chase two different startup dreams. Neither amounted to long-lasting companies, but those experiences were directly responsible for the discovery of his life's passion. He did eventually return to school to complete undergrad and master's degrees in Computer Science.
Letter to Myself at 20
- Stop trying to impress anyone else other than you; do things for your own reasons.
- You might look around and see all these people doing "better" than you in various dimensions. Stop looking around. The only person you have to compete with is yourself.
- Keep surrounding yourself with people that have qualities that you don't have. Take what you think is great. Give back what you think you have.
- Never lose faith in your instincts. They will be the reason for your success when you are successful.
- Whenever you do something, do it great. Understand what will make it great and why.
- Never lose your ability to listen. Listening is all about not knowing what you or someone else is going to say next.
- When you laugh, make sure everyone in a 2 mile vicinity can hear you. Do it often, even when the person you're talking to isn't funny. It's infectious.